Top 10 reasons why you need a monthly facial.
Most people don’t understand the benefits that a good professional facial can offer to you. Most people will wait until they encounter a skin concern or have an upcoming special event before making an appointment for a facial. While this is totally OK, these frustrating problems can often be preempted by proper monthly facials and counseling on the correct at-home products.
Despite the small expense of having a facial, here is a short blog outlining why a monthly facial is a good investment. Your skin is always on display and often has the power to dictate how good we feel about ourselves. Investing in proper skincare has a value that can be arguably more important than buying a new dress or going out to a fancy restaurant or even taking an expensive vacation (a facial is a mini-vacation). What’s more is that facials at Mojo Beauty use the high quality Medik8 range and are affordable. I charge significantly less than a formal spa and appointments in my personal studio are tailored and holistic just for you. Plus, my facials are undeniably more unique (and fun) while still being customized, anti-aging, relaxing, comfortable, and come with personal attention and great service. If affordability is an issue, I can work around that if needs be. Please like my Facebook page, Mojo Beauty and my instagram Mojobeautychch, and check this blog often for more specials offered.
Facials are ideal once a month unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome (acne, hyper-pigmentation, etc), then you may need to come in for a series of treatments. The reason behind getting monthly facials is that your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being replicated from the treated cells to replace the old cells. If you give your skin a head start with a professional facial, your skin cells will begin to replicate the now healthier cells and thus give you a better complexion. Also, most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with a facial you can make these products work faster and more effectively.
Aside from just feeling like heaven, here are my top 10 reasons why you should come in to the Mojo beauty for monthly Medik8 facials:
1) Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique, and professional products can heal. Stress relief and beautiful glowing skin? YES PLEASE!
2) Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal skin cells.
3) Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness, and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aids in detoxification.
4) A good facial (and facial massage) can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging).
5) A facial will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, as well as can help to change the pore’s size.
6) Facials provide deep(er) exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for great penetration of products (i.e. moisturizers or serums), unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone to just name a few benefits.
7) Allows a professionally trained beauty therapist to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home. This alone is worth the investment as the skincare industry can be a difficult and expensive area to navigate.
8) Can help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skins’ appearance visibly. Again a gentle reminder- sunscreen is still a necessity no matter how great the facial.
9) Facials slow the ageing process. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother, and look more radiant. Facials reduce fine lines, age spots, and relieve dehydrated skin. With these benefits, facials make us feel better about our skin. With the use of exfoliation, massage, and the penetration of nutrients and antioxidants, facials also help to reverse ageing process. We will all age, but we can do it more slowly with glowing, firm, and hydrated skin.
10) Facials are not a miracle in an hour but they do give you a fresh start to a healthier and balanced complexion. Regular facials will help you maintain optimal skin health and the Medik8 active skincare range is professional and produces clear results.
Prior vocation was Social Work for 10 years. I am passionate about empowering people & advocating for positive change. Beauty & Massage Therapy also enables me to do this in another way. Win Win